iLap how is it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neilspartacus, Feb 7, 2008.

1. neilspartacus macrumors member

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I love it. It's great for use on the bed. The cushion is a dust magnet and falls off a little too easily. Otherwise it's a good stand that does what it says on the box.

3. neilspartacus thread starter macrumors member

You have one of them? I was wondering if I buy the 17" pro stand for my 13" macbook will i be able to use a USB mice using the extra space of the 17" stand?
    Will it be comfortable to use both the laptop and mice on the bigger stand?

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I wouldn't do that, it's not how it's designed to work. The rubber grippy things would be out of place. Plus that is not nearly enough space to mouse with.

Get the right size and sort something else out for the mouse.

I have the iLap and I love it. Very comfortable.

5. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I agree. Just get the size that fits your laptop and use the trackpad, that's how it's designed to use. Otherwise you may want to look for the logitech mouse that works in the air, but it's not necessary as the trackpad is already great to use.

6. neilspartacus thread starter macrumors member

thanks! That sounds right ill get the right size, i was just curious on the option!
    I often use windows (over bc) for office work! Trackpad is hell of a **** on windows (known issue for macbooks)!

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Many reported that the cushion falls off too easily.

mStand is much better, no problems with MBP if you use it with an external keyboard / mouse.

8. Designer1 macrumors member

I have it and love it. I got one for my MB and still use it with my MBP. I have not had any problems with the cushion falling off but I agree that it is a bit of a dust magnet.