Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2005
I plan on getting one of these and was wondering which is better? I plan on using a Apple Keyboard and mouse and putting my laptop on on of these so that it is at eye level.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
iCurve is better for that, iLap wouldn't really suit your needs. iCurve will put it right at eye level.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
bodeh6 said:
I plan on getting one of these and was wondering which is better? I plan on using a Apple Keyboard and mouse and putting my laptop on on of these so that it is at eye level.

Absolutely the iCurve. I love it, and it's exactly at eye level (although it's not really adjustable, so you'll have some trouble if you're tall...I'm 5'6".)

Chris

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2005
Eidorian said:
Are you going to use it in bed or not?

Well sometimes I do that. But when I have something long to type or plan on being on my computer for a while, I usually go to my desk.

AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
Absolutely the iCurve. I love it, and it's exactly at eye level (although it's not really adjustable, so you'll have some trouble if you're tall...I'm 5'6".)

Chris

Well I am about 8 inches taller then you then.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
bodeh6 said:
Well I am about 8 inches taller then you then.

Yeah, you'll definately be bending your head a bit, unless you decide to stick something under the iCurve that's at least four inches thick....:rolleyes: :D

iHeartTheApple

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Boston, MA
I would go with iCurve, it places the laptop right at eye level and does so rather stylishly, as well. I use one for my 17" PB and I always get compliments from people who see it for the first time. The nice thing is that you can fit stuff underneath the iCurve, too.

ericsthename

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2005
Vancouver BC
apples to oranges

Both seem like decent products, however, if your intentions are desk bound iCurve all the way. For the record, I have an iCurve, and at 6 ft. 1 , I find it works quite well to put my screen at "monitor" level. It was not only the nicest looking solution I could find, but also one of the most readily available. You would be hard pressed to walk into any apple retailer and not find one.

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, the iLevel is nice until you see the price tag! I don't like the idea of stuffing the keyboard behind it either, they should have just made it like a metal iCurve.

Glad to see that the iCurve is only $27 Amazon after I just went out and splurged $40 on it. Darn it. Oh well, I'm going to save some money by getting the Bluetooth keyboard off of eBay so that will make up for it.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I saw iLap (for 15" PB) at the local CompUSA yesterday. They only carried 15" model, though. I was tempted to buy it simply because it was very light and looks very portable. But, I don't use my computer in bed nor in a couch as I rather sit in the proper computer desk. If I have to use it in my bed, then, I would rather grab my Tablet PC.

I have 5 iCurves in all at my place. I like this product as it looks nice and is very functional. I can stuff some peripherals under my notebook computers which are perched on iCurve to maximize the desk space.

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
i use an iCurve at university....it makes typing for long periods bliss. i have the bluetooth keyboard and am thinking of getting a wireless mouse, but i dont have that one yet.

S

definitely icurve.

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Definitely put the money forth for the wireless mouse. It always scares me using my trackpad when my PowerBook is on the iCurve because it feels like it's going to break. Wireless is beautiful. I recommend the Logitech V500. It's ultra comfortable and portable. Either that or the V270 because it's Bluetooth, if you have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.