Iliberty Screwed Up My Ipod. Help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by spyder52, May 16, 2008.

1. spyder52 macrumors member

I had a unjailbroken Ipod touch on 1.1.1 then i used iliberty to try and get to 1.1.4 but it went to a blue connect to itunes logo and did not move for a long time and i pressed exit recovery on iliberty and it just came up with load's of text and stop's with

BSD root : Md0, major 2, minor 0

and repeat's it forever and when i reboot it it comes back to the same text. and i can not connect to itunes. Any Help to get me back to normal

Video Of Problem: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7GuOldXTRBw

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the easiest method is to force into recovery mode with the ipod hucked up to pc or mac via usb hold down the home and sleep buttons (while its doing the same message over and over on screen), keep them held down even when the ipod goes off, wait till you see the apple logo and as soon as you see it let go of the sleep key and keep the home button held down, after a while you will get an itunes logo with a pick of a usb connection, just restore in itunes and try again

3. spyder52 thread starter macrumors member

Thank's so much i though my ipod was broken forever and had done load's of research on how to fix it. THANKS!!!

4. Keegman650 macrumors newbie

Wow. This exact same thing happened to me last night (it even stopped at the BSD thing) and I was scared out of my mind. I did the same thing and oh God that was a relief.

5. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Remember, no one has ever perminatly broken a iPhone or iPod touch by doing any sort of software mods! So DONT PANIC! (Hitchhickers Guide To The Galaxy FTW :D)

6. ghostone macrumors newbie

help

Help a used iliberty I was so excited to hack my phone that I don't remember backing anything up and after loading somethings I didnt like the calculated skin I removed a couple of the files I thought were for the skin and now my calculator don't work and neither does my wifi can any one help

7. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

best. movie. ever.
    this is the first case if iliberty doing this, that i have seen so far....