iLiberty+ vs. iFuntastic?? Worries to mess up my iPhone again ....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by igmolinav, Jul 19, 2008.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

I have a question, in advance thank you very much:

In order to transfer files from my ibook to my recently DFUed iPhone, do I discard using iFuntastic, and only use the Payload iLiberty Open SSH ?? I have never used iLiberty's Open SSH, is that meant to be a sustitute application for other applications like iFuntastic, or is it meant to support applications like iFuntastic?? I know I could go ahead and just try the software, but after “the last constant failing” as a consequence of “playing with software”, i have become very skeptical about “trying”. The last time I transferred .dict and .idx files for a dictionary using iFuntastic. I can blame nothing on iFuntastic but I just try to be more careful from now on. If iLiberty+ can do it all, I prefer not to “mix” different software applications.

With regard to iLiberty, if I may ask another question, as soon as I clicked on iLiberty's “Main Menu”, I realized it shows “Activate” and “Unlock” as not marked, as opposed to “Jailbreaker + Installer”. I have already marked twice “Activate” and “Unlock” twice, and fred the iphone twice as well. How often should I do this ??

Thank you very much for all your help : ) !!!

igmolinav

2. The General macrumors 601

What? iFuntastic? LOL :eek: Delete iFuntastic IMMEDIATELY. :eek: We'll just forget that ever happened. ;)

Anyway, what files do you need to copy? What do you mean by DFUed? SSH is not running if you are in DFU mode.

What is your goal here today? You ask all these questions, and we could answer them, but your questions make no sense. Ask us how to do what you want to do, not how to do what you think you need to do.

What is it that you would like to do to your phone?

Let me rephrase: The problem is that you've already worked out a solution in your head, which is a very round about way of doing what you need. And instead of asking how to do what it is you need, you're asking for help doing it your way, which is a pain in the ass.

Example: Transfering .dict files using iFuntastic for a dictionary. The rest of us just go to Installer and install the dictionaries. Installer downloads and installs them for us.