iLife '06 and '08

Discussion in 'macOS' started by KJmoon117, Feb 22, 2008.

1. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

I bought an iMac after iLife '08 came out but I downloaded iMovie HD. Only problem is that I can't get any iLife '08 sound effects into iMovie HD (which I think is the better product).

Is there any way I can get iLife sound effects found in iMovie '08 into iMovie HD (like the jingles, foley, etc...)?

Thanks,
    KJ

... Or do I have to get my hands on Final Cut (some how...) to use an Apple editing software?

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

I hope by "some how" you don't mean illegally download it.

You could always purchase it from Apple at Final Cut Studio 2 or if thats too expensive you could opt for Final Cut Express 4.

3. KJmoon117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hell no, I don't pirate stuff some Apple. It might be different for other PC companies but Apple trusts it's customers, I don't abuse it.

But I'm going to either ask my parents for FCE or wait for iLife '09 since iMovie '08 isn't too good and iMovie HD is kind of sucking right now due to the lack of sound effects.

4. pilotrtc macrumors regular

I know this is an ancient thread but I just discovered an answer to the OP's question so I thought I would post this anyway.

I purchased iLife 09 and have been working with it pretty OK. However, I had run into the problem of video quality in my final movie so I did some searching.

One of the answers I got was to use iMovie 06 to import the video and iDVD 09 to burn it. I did more searching and found iMovie 06 was sorely missed. This made me curious about it. Some more searching revealed a free iMovie 06 download so I did and found that it was missing the iLife sounds.

I opened iMovie 09 and found them there. I searched around in my computer for those files, found them, duped them, and put the copies in a place I thought iMovie 06 could read them. I launched iMovie 06 but no luck.

Being the impatient person I am, I quit iMovie 06, removed the sounds from that place and put them on my desktop. I relaunched iMovie 06 and tried to import them instead. As it turns out, the sound I selected to import imported into the current movie and worked.

The sounds are not available in the Media section as I would have liked but they can be imported which is still nice.