iLife 07 in Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arielled01, Jun 26, 2007.

1. arielled01 macrumors member

Hey guys, I was talking to a person who works at Apple and they said new iLife 07 or iWork 07 has not been announced. (which sucks) anyway, does anyone here think there will be an updated version of iLife in Leopard?

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

It is unlikely to be "in" Leopard, but there is a possibility of it coming out with. Though I would've thought MWSF a more likely time.

3. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

To be honest it seems to make sense and "skip" iLife 07 and got to straight to iLife 08.

and therefore update it in Jan 08

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    At this point, it seems to me like the Leopard will have the newest iLife built in.

releasing iLife 07.5 would just be silly...but that's a reality now that we've passed the halfway mark for 07.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

It would seem quite unlikely that they would do that, but it would sure be amazing if they did. I just don't see it happening...:(

6. arielled01 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i was just thinking it would be odd if Leopard came with iLife 06 when, by the time it comes out, we will be well into the year 2007. But yes, the post about iLife 08 coming does make a lot of sense.

7. kolax macrumors G3

Who said its going to be called iLife '07?

I personally think it should be given a name or version name, not relative to a year - because then it goes out of date very easily just because of the name, even if the software is fully up to date.

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

That worked when Apple kept to the system of updating every year...iLife Leopard? So it wouldn't work on Tiger?

9. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

It is too far in the year for 07, and releasing it 2 months before the end of the year would be kind of stupid. I am sure they will just release 08 at MWSF

10. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

So, as others had said, people will be getting macs with a brand new OS, a brand spanking new Core Animation, and one of the main selling points to switchers can't take advantage because you have old software? I don't buy it...

11. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I think that they'll go for iLife '08 and add some other programs besides iPhoto, iMovie, iDvd,garageband,...

12. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

iLife has previously come with OSX. :confused:

13. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Not true, it comes with OS X only with a new Mac. At least that's the way Apple's done it before...

14. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

A new iLife might come out later this year, but it will likely not be available until January. This is bad news, but there's an upside: it seems likely that we're going to see the biggest iLife update ever which will be packed full of new features and fully enhanced by Core Animation.

15. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

So my point is why is everybody sticking the two together?

Let's sit back & relax while we wait for MWSF.

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i think that there may be a chance that iLife will become a part of the OS, a slim and remote chance.

but i don't see a release this year if thats not the case. they've been rather quiet about it, and there have been no rumors either. which is unusual to say the least.

17. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I think new iLife this year is wishful thinking. Apple has to stagger its innovations to generate a relatively steady revenue stream. It's not like they'd have new OS, new iLife, new Macs, and new iPods all come out the same day. That would be terrible marketing. And, it seems clear that they can't do everything at once. They have limited resources just like any other company. Not that I'd say this is entirely literally true, but, iPhone delays Leopard delays iLife...

18. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I agree, it could still take very long for new iMacs to come, because the iMacs at this stage are in many ways still stronger than many Pc's around there, but still i would like to see a completely new design.

19. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

20. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

:p or that's life