iLife '07

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Loser120588, Feb 19, 2007.

  1. Loser120588 macrumors member

    Jan 11, 2007
    I am new to macs and am currently playing the waiting game and well i was wondering whats going to be new about i life. i watched videos and saw all the cool features that i cant wait to play around with but what else can they do. i dont have a mac never worked with it before so i dont know if some of the programs need up dates or something but just curious to know what do you guys think they will do new in i life 07. Any new apps, cool upadates to already awsome apps?
  2. mattscott306 macrumors 68040


    Jan 16, 2007
    See the crazy thing is, we won't know untill they announce it's release. There is a rumored (though unlikely) event tommorow, so we may hear something then. However, you'll probably find out just as soon as the rest of us.

    I'm curious as to what you meant by "Playing the waiting game" does that mean you are waiting to purchase a mac? If you are, you should probably just go ahead and jump the gun, if you continue to wait, you hang around forever knowing the next greatest thing could happen next tuesday.
  3. 0007776 Suspended


    Jul 11, 2006
    There were never any invitations sent out so we know that there is no event tomorrow.
  4. Loser120588 thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 11, 2007
    Waiting Game

    By "playing the Waiting game" i mean that i am waiting for leapord and the new Mac book Pro and then i will buy one. I really could care less about the leapord because you can always update to it but i really want this computer to last me through college and longer.

    And we all know that there is no apple event tomorrow. Hope i am Wrong but i just dont see it happening.
  5. taytho macrumors 6502

    Jun 22, 2005
    KC, MO
    get one now get one now..... that is me chantin/rooting for you to get one now. When i made the switch i was waiting for that perfect time and realized at some point that nothing is ever the perfect time for it since everything is getting better. I could have waited for a few more months and had a couple updates but then i would have been without a mac for two months..... i never once regretted it.
  6. BigPrince macrumors 68020

    Dec 27, 2006
    I think at this point the sensible thing would be wait till Leopard or at least iLife 07. Why by a new computer and then spend $150 less then 1-3 months later on software. Unless your a business in desperate need of an upgrade or your computer is 100% toast, I would wait. Just my opinion.

    I've set a criteria of things I want and since I am not in desperate need, will wait till most of the criteria is completed. My "Critical Criteria" is Leopard and iLife 07 to be shipping on Mac's before I buy.
  7. jklps macrumors regular

    Jan 23, 2007
    I'm waiting too...

    When I got my Mac Mini G4, they replaced them about 3/4 weeks later with Intel ones w/frontrow :( It was frustrating to know I had just purchased a now out of date model.

    I'm waiting to replace it with an iMac 20" or 24" (undecided) and am waiting/saving until they start shipping w/Leopard and hopefully minorly upgraded insides.
  8. pianoman macrumors 68000


    May 31, 2006
    not necessarily. some people can afford to wait, if they don't need a new Mac or don't want to pay for the upgrades later. i have a few friends who are waiting because their current machines are running fine and they want to wait for Leopard, iLife, and iWork to be updated. nothing wrong with that.

    there aren't always invitations.
  9. McGarvels macrumors 6502


    Nov 10, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    So stupid question...if iLife '07 isn't coming until June (which seems most likely now) isn't it quite stupid to buy considering iLife '08 is just around the corner. I mean iLife '07 for the remaining 6 months of '07, why not just wait until the next version comes out?
  10. Loser120588 thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 11, 2007
    I life 07

    I am new to this but do they make an i life every single year?
  11. BigPrince macrumors 68020

    Dec 27, 2006
    Where did you read June?

  12. MacSA macrumors 68000


    Jun 4, 2003
    May as well wait for iLife 08... which will probably be pushed back into mid 2008, closer to 2009. :eek:
  13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

    Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I wouldn't quite say that but it would seem that integration with Leopard is taking time and they won't release it until they've done things properly.

    I'm wondering if Leopard enhancements are worth the extra wait, though.
  14. pianoman macrumors 68000


    May 31, 2006
    they're likely going to modify the schedule.
  15. lionsnwings macrumors newbie

    Feb 14, 2007
    Free Upgrade

    If they would just offer a free (or even discounted) upgrade to Leopoard when it gets released for those that recently puchased a new mac I think a lot of people would not play the waiting game and they would sell more computers.
  16. BigPrince macrumors 68020

    Dec 27, 2006
    They probably don't care if it gets sold now or later.
  17. pianoman macrumors 68000


    May 31, 2006
    according to this logic, they'll sell the same amount of computers, just later rather than sooner.
  18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem


    Feb 19, 2005
    I wouldn't wait around, just buy your mac and buy the new OS when it comes out.
  19. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a


    Dec 12, 2006
    Peace in Plainfield
    Release dates will be set tomorrow, you'll all see!! :)
  20. Loser120588 thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 11, 2007
    I hope you are right
  21. lionsnwings macrumors newbie

    Feb 14, 2007
    To Buy or Not to Buy???

    What if I decide not to buy because after waiting I realized I don't really need a new computer, but really just want one. This thought has crossed my mine. If they were offering a free upgrade, I would have purchased 2 weeks ago. Now, I am about 50% on purchasing.

    But then I think it is just $200 (Leopard + iLife), not a huge deal and I don't have to upgrade the day Leopard is released. Then I realize that is about 15% the cost of the machine.:(

Share This Page