iLife '08 and iWork '08 in UK?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Steven Jackson, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Steven Jackson macrumors 6502

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the UK Apple Stores (Meadowhall, specifically) are selling these yet?

Cheers,

Steve.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

You can download iWork '08 and then purchase online through the program and they will send you a key via email.

3. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

Already done. I thought I might as well get the discs, though, if I'm going to have to go to the store to buy iLife anyway...

Steve.

4. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I'm off to Regent Street in 5 minutes, so I will let you know what the status is there. I know it isn't where your store is, but at least it will give us an idea what is in the UK channel.

5. shuurajou macrumors regular

Let us know!

Hey netdog,

Let us know how it goes! Wonder if John Lewis will have it here in Bristol... pigs will fly!

6. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Not sure about the Apple stores, but ordered iLife 08 last night from the Apple on-line store and due to arrive tomorrow.

7. ANTMUZ macrumors member

I just went to my Apple store in Manchester Arndale. They're still selling iLife '06. And they're still selling the old iMacs. At least one person was in the process of buying it!

They said they don't know when to expect the new iMac, iLife or iWork - but they're getting a few shipments over the next few days so it could be in one of them. They said it's best for me to ring every day to check.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Now that's a poor effort. These iMacs and iLife discs must be really fresh from the manufacturers!

9. Badradio macrumors 6502

That's not good news. I'm going to head to the Trafford Center tomorrow night, so if they have the new products in and no one has posted, I'll post back.

10. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well it seems the Kingston Apple Store is stocked. iLife 08 & iWork 08 available. Also iMacs and Minis…

Hopping on my bike to grab a keyboard and software! :eek:

11. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

Answer: Yes, they are -- in Meadowhall Apple Store, at least.

They had iLife, iWork, and the new 24" iMac. I didn't think to look out for the mini...

Steve

12. ANTMUZ macrumors member

Hmmm how bizarre maybe Manchester has a surplus of old iMacs.

13. Badradio macrumors 6502

Just got back from the Trafford Center with my copy of iWork, and they have iLife 08 and the new iMacs too. What they don't have are the new keyboards; apparently they were expecting them at the same time as the iMacs, so they'll be on one of the deliveries over the next week or so. I also heard from a friend that the Arndale store now has new iMacs in, so I assume iLife and iWork 08 too.

14. ANTMUZ macrumors member

Yep I just noticed that too. iLife and iWork is at Manchester Arndale.

15. timoftheblues macrumors newbie

iLife 08 on new machines

I bought a new Macbook Pro yesterday online, (naively perhaps) in the thought it would come with iLife08. Quelle Suprise it hasn't, but do I have any recourse to get a free upgrade from Apple do you think?

16. Wheetman macrumors member

Caveat emptor, mon brave A quick check of the Apple store UK shows that they are only listing the 08 versions of iLife with the new iMac and upgraded mini. My guess is that legally you don't have a leg to stand on. However, Steve Jobs told the world, at Tuesday's media event that iLife 08 ships with all new Macs. Your Mac is new - to you anyway. I'd give the store manager a ring and ask him to to replace the old iLife 06 with the new 08 model and update the store's web page into the bargain or you will write directly to SJ telling him that his UK staff are making him look like Big Chief Who Speak With Fork Tongue. There may be a delay as I guess HQ has probably only shipped a limited number of the new version to be sold with the new hardware, but that is not the point. Best they get this sorted out before October or will they be selling off all the old Mac stock with Tiger before they start selling hardware with Leopard installed?
    Of course, our American Cousin's page is showing 08 versions going out with everything. Maybe that's because they've sent out all the old stock to the UK:( Give it a try and let us know how you get on.