Ilife '08 comes with late 2008 Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by solbergg, Dec 19, 2008.

1. solbergg macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Received my first Apple computer in the mail today, the 2.0 GHz aluminum Macbook. Everything looks great, except for when I tried to use garage band. On Apple's website it showed how you could do "magic garage band" to pick various instruments for a bunch of music genres. When i clicked on the garage band icon on the dock, a page came up with the various tasks for garage band. I selected the magic garage band, and then it linked me to the apple store website and wanted me to pay $79 for the software. I could have sworn that I saw somewhere else on Apple's site about how ilife '08 was supposed to come preloaded. What's the deal?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

According to Apple's web site it is suppose to come with iLife '08. Check to see if you have a disc for it in the box that the computer came in and if the disc isn't there call Apple Tech Support and have them send you one.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....it may not be on a separate disc. In all likelihood it is on the restore/system dvd that came with the computer. There should be an "install additional software" or "install optional software" or something like that on the disc....oh yeah!

4. solbergg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tips, guys, but I found out the problem. User error, lol! When I first clicked on garage band and it gave me the list of what it could do, I didn't notice that there was an "ok" button down in the bottom right corner. Once I clicked that (instead of the features list), garage band came right up. I will say though, linking to the store is a bit confusing, but I'm real happy to see that it's installed.

5. therealdt macrumors regular

You post in the 3rd person. :eek:

6. solbergg thread starter macrumors newbie

That's because he's referencing a simpson's character, Duff Man, that speaks in the third person.