iLife '08 Install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMacBook, Aug 10, 2007.

1. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Is it possible to take all the old iLife application ('06 versions) and throw them into a folder. Then, install the new iLife '08 and use them?

I'm trying to avoid iLife '08 installing over iLife '06. So, is it possible to move the ones from '06 into a folder and then install '08?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Certainly, you can move them into a folder and they'll likely run, but I suspect the preferences and application support files might step on each other.

3. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Is it possible to reinstall iLife '06?

I bought my MacBook about 3 weeks ago. I take it they are on the CDs that came with my MacBook?

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i think the only way to install iLife '06 is to reinstall OS X, since iLife is bundled on those discs. i've heard that using Pacifist to extract the iLife install packages either doesn't work or creates a lot of issues. no first hand accounts here, though.

5. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

You can install iLife 06 on its own if you wish. Its under additional apps if i remember correctly

6. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I heard on one podcast that iLife '06 is a FREE download for those who have purchased iLife '08. I don't know if that's true, but cool if it is :D

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

7. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i think Apple is allowing the download of iMovie HD only. this is to make up for some lost features in iMovie '08.