iLife '08 / Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cole Slaw, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

I have a question about iLife '08 and Leopard.
    My brother has just ordered a 24" iMac, which comes with iLife '08.
    What we were wondering is, if he were to upgrade to Leopard when it comes out, would he still be able to use his iLife '08 with it?
    I'm assuming that the OS, when bought alone, doesn't come with iLife.
    If he were to clean install Leopard, could he take iLife off of his current Tiger disks after installing the new OS, or would he be forced to put the Leopard disk in "over" his current Tiger install (upgrade, I guess you'd call it)?

2. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

When you upgrade it doesn't have to be a clean install, it simply updates the OS, when upgraded to Tiger, i didnt clean install...

3. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Yes, you can still use your iLife 08. Your install disks will allow you to install iLife from them onto a new, clean install of Leopard on you iMac.

4. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I think what the poster is asking is if he can install the ilife 08 suite from his Tiger Install disks that come with his new iMac.....

The answer is yes, if he need to but, i am pretty sure you wont have to... unless you do a clean install.....

If you do indeed do a clean install then you will just need to extract the installer packages from the tiger disks that come with you iMac

5. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

No need to do a clean install. Choose Archive & Install. This gives you a clean System Folder without formatting your whole drive. I usually use this method and it works fine.

6. Cole Slaw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw