Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jvencius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a MBP bought yesterday from an Apple retail store come with either (1) iLife '08 preinstalled or (2) an update disc to upgrade from iLife '06 to iLife '08? I'm on the phone with Apple support now and they're telling me that the only way to get iLife '08 is to buy it and that doesn't seem right for a new machine bought, as I said, yesterday (5 days after the release).

jvencius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
It might be that the computer was packaged before the iLife '08 ones were shipped. You should be able to upgrade for $9.95, though.

Thing is, I don't see why I should have to pay anything for the upgrade disc if my MBP was purchased after the iLife '08 release date. The salesman at the store (29th Street Apple Store in Boulder, CO) said that there should be an upgrade disc in the box if iLife '08 wasn't preinstalled but I looked through all the packaging again and ix-nay on the isc-day.:mad: (not completely, but I didn't see a "frustrated" smilie that would be more appropriate).

jvencius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
I had to ask for the initial phone tech's supervisor, but when I asked him politely, he's going to hook me up. I was getting frustrated, but this improves my mood quite a bit.:D:D:D This just shows that it pays to not be an azz if you don't have to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.