Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmcconkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Rocky Face, GA
I am looking into getting iLife 08, probably order it today. Should I get the Single user or Family? Now for a little background information, we have 2 Macs in the family. One is a PBG4 and the other is a latest generation White MacBook (baseline). I am just wondering if the single would gripe at me about having it installed on 2 machines, we probably won't have it running at the same time anyway. Just let me know, I know it is only $20 more for Family but I only have 2 computers and have no intention of getting any used Macs that would need the iLife 08 installed on them.

Thanks
Christopher

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Legally you should have a licence for each installation.

Technically you don't have to since there are no serial numbers/activation.

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Check system requirements for iLife 08. Don`t think its going on that Powerbook.....

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
The system requirements are a bit vague--after saying you need at least an iMac G5 1.9 Ghz, the requirements later state "Other configurations may be supported." This after saying a G4, G5, or Intel CPU is required.

I'd be surprised if anything except iMovie had any trouble...but it would be nice if Apple were a bit more explicit.

Re license--if you're going to install it on more than one computer, you need the family pack. And for heaven's sake, it's cheap!

Bob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.