iLife 08 to 09 or wait for 10, opinions please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wakakanada, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Wakakanada macrumors regular

I have given up hoping for a mini bundle of iLife and Snow Leopard, and I don't have any need to upgrade my iWork, so I'm am left pondering whether to upgrade from iLife 08 to 09 or wait for 10. I will be purchasing Snow Leopard upon release.

I have a very basic website I am building in iWeb, we use iPhoto for our pictures. I like the lessons in Garageband 09 but use Guitar Guru which seems pretty similar.

Have people upgraded from 08 to 09, and if so, how do you feel about your choice? Also, does anyone have any idea, if/when an iLife 10 might come out?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

No confirmation on if iLife 2010 is coming out?

3. MKCLLNS macrumors member

Wait for ilife 10.... I'm on '08 atm....and although the upgrade looks alright....it's not worth it - they've just added a few features that aren't worth the money in my opinion.

iLife '10 could be out as soon as January (i say as soon i know) that's when apple usually unleash the new version

4. kmaute macrumors 6502

kmaute

The direct FTP upload for iWeb is a huge tool IMO, worth the money if you are not using MobileMe and are tired of doing complete uploads with Cyberduck, fetch or some other FTP programs...

5. ez4u2sa67 macrumors member

ez4u2sa67

Well....

If you use iMovie alot then I would snuggest going to iLife '09. Big improvement.

6. Wakakanada thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all

Thank you all for the feedback. I think I'll hold off until the next upgrade. I have MobileMe for uploading, and the other goodies, as stated are good, but not a must have. Hopefully there is no delay on the release like there was a few years back...uh oh... wasn't that the year they spent all their programmers' time getting Leopard ready...hmm...:rolleyes: