iLife '08 Up-to-Date Disc Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AaronOcean, Aug 12, 2007.

1. AaronOcean macrumors member

AaronOcean

So we ordered the iLife '08 Up-to-Date disc. We have 2 Macs, one of them I would prefer to have the newest version on the Macbook I purchased a week ago, vs the one we bought on the 7th of August.

Would the up-to-date iLife disc work on any computer...or just the one it was ordered for?

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Technically yes, but you're not supposed to do it.

3. AaronOcean thread starter macrumors member

AaronOcean

But theoretically there would be nothing to stop me such as a serial number check done automatically by the computer?

4. amoda macrumors 6502a

Nope, no security checks or anything like that. You can probably call Apple and tell ask them for another iLife disk for your other macbook since it was ordered on the 5th. People have been successful in persuading Apple to join the "up-to-date" program even if they ordered in late July.

5. AaronOcean thread starter macrumors member

AaronOcean

What would I need to do to make that happen? I don't really know how to approach those battle-hardened teleworkers.

6. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

You can do it. If you dig around the up to date program, you'll see that you can file a request to legally use the disk on another computer. I'm too lazy to look it up now.