Ilife 08, wait or buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Soura2112, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I am not sure when I life 08 was released and I am thinking about buying the Family Pack (if anyone read my previous posts I have too for my Power Mac). My question is this, since we are on a "rumors" page, is there anything out there about a new Ilife? My guess is with Snow Leopard, or Ilife 10. Since it about every 2 years. But I dont want to blow a 100 buck if something is right around the corner and I will have to upgrade again (if it is worth it, Ilife 06 and 08 to me is night and day, mainly with Iweb, and if they make that better I would be VERY happy)

Any solid suggestions would rock!
    Thanks in advance!

2. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

iLife 08 is already a year old. I think we'll see a revision as early as January during Macworld 2009. It may be wise to hold out until then.

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

On the other hand, what features do you not see in iLife 08 that might be introduced in 09?

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

iLife '08 turns one year old tomorrow. I would expect an update (if any time soon) at either MacWorld in January or at the speculated notebook event sometime this fall. There haven't really been many rumors about it, though. I wouldn't worry about it and just get it now.

5. Soura2112 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have found a family pack for 65 dollars from JR, so I guess I will just pick it up. A new Ilife would need to really change Iweb for me to buy it again. I use it for websites, so I need it on my other computer Mac.
    Plus I need to get some other websites going also.
    Thanks!

6. jroller macrumors regular

I don't see any reason to wait. There is no guarantee or rumors of an update that I am aware of. iLife went from 06 to 08 before its last update.

7. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

8. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Remove iMovie 08 and replace it with an updated iMovie HD app? One can hope...

9. DaveF macrumors 6502a

iMovie 08 needs substantial revision. Hopefully someone's been spared from iPhone and Mobile Me and iPod design and Snow Leopard to tweak iMovie 08 a bit. In his spare time he can poke at Numbers and fix its quirks.

I'd expect the other iLife apps to get more templates, feature tweaks, and other minor updates.

10. Giovannino macrumors member

Dito! I hate iMovie '08! '06 was much much better but it crashes all the time on all my computers.

Me too... Or at least I hope it. That's the way it's been for iWeb '06 I hope they keep it like this.

I don't think there will be an iLife '09. As from '06 it got '08 (without '07 even if a lot of people claim they have it!) I think the next release will be '10.

Regards,
    Giovannino