iLife '08 will not install

ExtraLife

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2006
Orange County, California
Hey guys, I'm running into a little trouble with trying install iLife '08 on my iMac PowerPC G5 (10.4.10).

During the "Introduction" part of the installation I get an error that reads "iLife is not compiatible with the language of your computer. Please obtain a copy of iLife '08 for the language of your computer."

The weird thing is that I installed iLife '08 perfectly on my MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo (10.4.10) with the same Installer package.

Both of my computers are in the English language, so I have no idea what the problem could be. Is there a preference that I might have switched or changed that would be the problem?

Any possible solution(s) will be greatly appreciated.

amallett

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
Farmington, Me.
iLife '08 installation problem too

I can not install my iLife'08 into my OS X 10.4.11.
Completely reinstalled everything into my computer and it looks good
for the process until at the end after seeing the blue bar cross over into the final stage of installation and then nothing. No installation. Not on my harddrive. Not to be seen. The icon of an open box shows up. I've come full
circle without an actual installation. Any suggestions? It looks like a the real mcCoy iLife'08 and if it wasn't, wouldn't I see the word "retail"? Anyway, no
words that lead me to believe it is something less than what I ordered.