iLife '08, you get no install disks !!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tivoli, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Tivoli macrumors member

Just got my Mac Mini 2Ghz. Great little machine.
    But what really stinks is:
    They sell you this machine with iLife 8. BUT..they only install it on the hard drive. No install disk is supplied. So if for any reason one has to format the hard drive it's bye bye to iLife 8.

I phoned Apple and they first told me that this is all that you get. After speaking to 3 more people I got a person who ensured me it was on the install disks. But it's not.

It stinks. I want a hard copy if I pay for it.

Very poor attitude for an expensive company :mad::mad::mad:

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It will be on the install disks,

To check pop in the disk and look for "install extras" or something like that and then it should be in one of the options.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'm sure if you use Pacifist, you can install the apps from your install disk.

Funnily enough, my iLife apps for my MBP didn't come with a disk either but they're on the install disk if you know where and how to look. Not that I use any of them anyway.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Do you even need to used Pacifist to install them? I thought you could install them from the actual disk through a method semi-described in my first post. I don't have them on hand to check though, just going from a distant memory.

6. Tivoli thread starter macrumors member

Sorry...I was wrong !

Damn...I was looking for a separate disk.
    Stupid me.

Sorry Apple :D

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

That's entirely possible... I've usually used Pacifist to reinstall third-party bundled apps that come with the Pro Macs. But if the option to install iLfe apps isn't there, Pacifist will do the trick.

8. houltmac macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to install the apps via a simple self-run package file as has been possible in the past. If you want to re-install you need to run the "Install bundled applications only" installer from the first disk.

9. GenesisST macrumors 68000

GenesisST

Don't be, it's a corporation, it has no feelings... :)

(Waiting for objects hurled in my direction) :D

10. AaronOcean macrumors member

AaronOcean

Our MacBook that we ordered after the release of iLife '08 didn't even come with iLife '08 installed...should I check the install disks?

11. thebrain74 macrumors regular

my friend just got his Mac Pro (it shipped on Tues) and it came with the iLife '08 DVD, but it wasn't installed on the HDD.

12. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

I got my new iMac today and I was looking for the iLife 08 apps on the install disc, but I couldn't find them. I found a bundle install package, but I'm looking for the individual applications. Anybody know where they're located?

13. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)

You might need to participate in the iLife Up-to-date program... check Apple's website.