iLife 08

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Aug 1, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Was just curious, if i were to buy a MacBook Pro say tomorrow and iLife was released on Tuesday would i be eligible to get it free under the bundling with mac act? or would i still have to buy it?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Usually a product such as iLife or OSX is announced for release a little while before the actual release. Historically it is the machines sold in the interim between announcement and actual release, who are eligible for free or cheap upgrades. :)

3. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Ya, it seems like they should get you a cheap if not free upgrade.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

...But unless iLife is announced tomorrow, I can't see it happening.

5. BrickBass macrumors newbie

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster :)

I was wondering the same thing.

I recently ordered a macbook pro, and it is currently estimated to ship between the 10th and the 15th of august. If the new iLife is announced on the 7th, would I be able to get the new version for free, or would it cost me? I "bought" it before the announcement, but I will be receiving it afterwards. How does it usually work with that kind of stuff?

6. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Crap never even thought to wait. My sister and I just bought macbooks and they should be here today. Hope we can get a upgrade with something comes out. Just spent all that money would be nice to have the newest thing out.

She bought hers thought Apple and I got mine though MacMall would have cause any problem in me getting an upgrade too? If they were to come out.

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

while EVERYBODY would love a free upgrade, it's unlikely for those who've bought before the release date is announced......what mad jew said above is the way it usually works out

8. looking4anotebo macrumors 6502

Ya, I really don't understand the people pulling the trigger on a new computer right now. I am waiting until next week, and I feel I have a good chance at landing ilife 08 and probably leopard upgrades for cheap.

9. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

I need a working machine by the 27th, and I'm buying a MBP, which may not arrive until the 20th. That's a pretty good reason to buy now IMO.

OP: I think, if your order ships after the release of new software, you should be eligible for a free or discounted (usually $19.99) copy.

10. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Hopefully this is the case.

11. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, my girlfriend is probably getting a macbook either tomorrow or the next day (tax free), and a nano also. but we'll see what happens tuesday. if iLife is shipping on tuesday, or in stores, then we might get it at a discount, but if it's just announced, then probably not.