iLife '08

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by APPLEFAN8, Aug 10, 2007.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I'll be getting the black macbook opn the 20th in delaware(tax free). I was wondering if it comes with ilife 06 do you think apple will let me upgrade to ilife08 for free? I'm just wondering. I'm new to mac so I don't know much. Thanks anyway.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think they have a US$10 upgrade cost for the discs. It's a pretty cheap upgrade, although your Mac'll almost certainly already have iLife 08 on it. :)

3. monke macrumors 65816

monke

It should be on there by than, and if not, you'll be able to apply for the $9.95 upgrade, but that shouldn't happen.

Have fun with your Mac! :)

4. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

5. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

Is it 10 dollar update for everyone? Or only people who have recently bought a machine?

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

People who bought a machine on Tuesday or later.

7. Hoeboe2k macrumors newbie

In reference to iLife 08, it's going to probably be on Panther right? Or is Panther just straight up only the OS system?

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I think you mean Leopard (Panther was before Tiger)...and Leopard won't come with iLife '08, however all new Macs from now on will :)

9. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

I think I've read somewhere else that iLife 08 requires Tiger or up, I guess it uses features not available in Panther.

I also wonder if they ship it with some version of core animation for use in Tiger aswell, to make some of the effects easier to make.