Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkapple010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
How come if I bought the single user ilife 08 I can install it on more than one computer?

Just curious.

Thanks.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
Well, if you're coming from Microsoftland (motto: "all your software are belong to us"), it must seem kind of shocking. :)

--Eric

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Apple puts faith into their customers that they'll support them and buy the software.

Up to you if you want to support your company or rip them off.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Do the right thing. Stick it on the Mac you use to create media stuff and leave it at that. Do you seriously want Apple to start putting on all that activation crap like Microsoft do?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
It's actually stupid that you're not supposed to put an app that you bought on all of your own computers. Should I pay more because I've been loyal to apple and bought a few of their computers? It just annoys me.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
It's actually stupid that you're not supposed to put an app that you bought on all of your own computers. Should I pay more because I've been loyal to apple and bought a few of their computers? It just annoys me.
That's what the Family Pack is for though. You don't even pay half as much again to put the apps on up to five machines.

I find it's best just to pick the fastest Mac with the biggest hard disk and dedicate that as the media machine. I have to confess my Photoshop is on both my Macs, but I've a feeling Adobe allow that anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.