Ilife 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macornomac, Mar 3, 2008.

1. macornomac macrumors 6502

Hey guys I did a clean install of leopard on my macbook. I'm looking for ilife on the restore disks. Everyone says it should be on install disk 2. I put in install disk 2 and it just says To install Mac OS X and the applications that came with your computer, use the Mac OS X Install Disc 1. Double-click "Install Mac OS X and Bundled Software" and follow the onscreen instructions.

I thought ilife was on the second disk? I put in the first disk also but dont' see ilife. Any help?

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

iLife apps will be on the restore discs for that machine..

If restore discs are for tiger era computer then it'll be on those discs

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You have to run the bundled software installer to get iLife installed. There's no separate iLife installer package.

4. Pees330 macrumors 6502

You have to put in Disc 1 first and click install bundled software. It will start up an installer and tell you to put in Disc 2. It will then install from there and you have the option of which apps you want to install.

5. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I installed ilife again. It didn't give me any option of installing what I wanted to install. So after everything I just deleted stuff that I didn't want. I noticed that it installed ichat, photo booth, front row again even though I already have those for leopard. Does that mean they are overwriten with tiger versions?? Again I have leopard and ilife I had was on tiger disks.