iLife '09 and New MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tombarnes, Feb 14, 2009.

1. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

I am looking to replace my iMac with a new MacBook Pro (15.3").

Is apple shipping the MacBook Pros with iLife '09 yet? Or do I have to do the post-purchase scheme?

Also, anyone with the new 15.3 inch MacBook pro...what case have you bought? I want a form fitting one.

Cheers!

Tom

2. hypmatize macrumors regular

My local apple store has iLife 09 as a drop in which means they put the retail copy of iLife 09 in the box... so you get for free instead of getting the update for 10 bucks. As for a case are you looking for a sleeve (those are the ones that fit the form of the laptop) if so i recommend the tucano second skin it fits like a glove it has laptop guard which you pull over the laptop which protects it from the zipper and it comes with a microfiber keyboard cover as well. I love mine... here is the link

3. gollum macrumors regular

2 weeks ago when I bought my MBP from a Apple Store, it had a "CPU Drop-in" DVD stuck in box.
    It was kinda nice because it installed just fine on my MacBook.

4. Nik73 macrumors regular

I got my MBP at the start of this month and it had the iLife 09 disc included............. which was nice.

5. eldy macrumors 6502

If you are purchasing from Apple directly you will have iLife '09 either installed directly or included in the box as an upgrade DVD.

Other retailers might not have fresh inventory that includes the upgrade DVD yet.

Has anyone here purchased their MacBook from an authorized reseller with the upgrade DVD included?

6. blooz4u macrumors newbie

Thanks for that info! I didn't know it was in there until I opened that package!

7. tombarnes thread starter macrumors 6502

tombarnes

Thanks for your help guys,

Will be ordering very very soon!

hypmatize, those cases are just what I was after!

8. hypmatize macrumors regular

No problem, you won't regret getting one of those cases they are really nice.

9. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

Thanks for the impressive contribution. ANYWAY, Apple updated their website a while ago. Now iLife no longer says "Avaliable via up-to-date program," which means you'll for sure get it on your new Mac.

10. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

A word of caution...

Im actually not that impressed with 09. I tried to do an import of about 400 photos, and every time it freezes and force quits itself.

08 could important 5000 files no issue, 09 is somewhat buggy in my opinion. The facebook upload also force quits.

Come on :(