iLife '09 Apps on a Clean Lion Install

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Howard54, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Howard54 macrumors member

I just upgraded my Mac Mini to Lion using the "erase and install" method. My Late 2009 Mini came with two install disks. One for Snow Leopard and the other for some ancillary programs.

Two questions, what programs are on the second disk? So far I can see that iPhoto, iDVD, Garage Band, iMovie, and iWeb did not install with Lion. Did I miss any other programs that originally came with my Mini on the second disk?

Is there any way to install these programs on my clean Lion install from the original install disk? Or do I have to rebuy the '11 versions of these programs from the App Store for those apps that have not been discontinued?

2. The Economist Suspended

The Economist

Insert the first disc that came with your computer. After Snow Leopard detects the disc, you'll see the option to install bundled applications only (iLife), choose that and half way through it'll ask you to insert the second disc to continue. Do it and voilà.

Be warned: if you bought a 2009 Mac, what you'll install is iLife '09 or the version that was currently available.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, with the newer machines like this, you generally can just insert the second disk to do the install. They're no longer Disk 1 and Disk 2, it's the OS Disk and the Applications Disk.

jW

4. Howard54 thread starter macrumors member