iLife '09 at MacWorld?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacBoobsPro, Dec 15, 2008.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I see very little being mentioned about iLife '09. What are the chances of iLife being updated at Macworld?

I have sent quite a few ideas to Apple regarding iWeb as its something I use a lot but what features would you guys like to see in iLife?

Some of my iWeb features I have requested are:

• Editable (style) comments i.e. able to change size, font, colour etc.

• Favicon and iPhone homescreen icon drop window. Drop an image into the Favicon window to generate a favicon/iphone icon that gets uploaded along with your site.

• Forms

• Web stats. MobileMe could be used to show webstats of your iWeb pages. When you go to iWeb sites on your me.com page and click on a page of your site, currently you only get the time and date of when the file was uploaded and its location. Two things you already know because you uploaded the file. This page (on me.com) could be used to show detailed web stats. Hits, unique visitors, etc.

• The ability to create a forum (probably need MobileMe to host it).

Theres a few more but I given you enough. :D

What would you like to see in iLife '09?

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I'd like iMovie to get back some of the basic stuff that it lost in its last 'upgrade.'

iDVD could do with a revamp and maybe Blu-Ray support.

iPhoto I guess will get Coverflow. I'd like to see automatic red eye correction added.

3. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

An iLife update would be good, but just before Snow Leopard?

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I'd like to see tagging in iPhoto, like the social networking sites. It'd be easy to make smart albums with certain people then.

5. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I certainly hope we get an iLife update at MWSF next month. What's most interesting to me is that no one seems to really know what the big announcements will be this year. Seems like there's less legitimate speculation than usual. Looking forward to the Keynote, where all will be revealed! :)

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

iLife/iWork '08 came out right before Leopard. It's not strange at all.

Also, YES. Screw HDCP movie support, but give us native data burning and native (iDVD, but name change, then?) Blu-ray movie (minus HDCP) burning support.

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I was going to blast this for being yet another "Will there be a iLife 09 at Macworld" thread, but I'm glad to see this one will actually engage in discussion.

I'd like to see garageband better optimized, I find it uses alot of RAM after recording a few tracks/applying lots of filters, I know the lock tool is for that purpose, but it's a tad annoying having to lock a track after every change because garageband will just throw up it's good old not enough resources error otherwise...

I guess I should really move onto Logic at some stage, but I love Garagebands simplicity, amazing stuff can be made with it.

That's a pretty killer idea, it could sync the people in your photos to your address book as well, although then you'd end up with lots of names with no numbers or emails, hmmm...

8. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Facebooksync can grab your friends' info from facebook...

Seeing better Leopard UI integration from the iLife apps would be nice.

9. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Not everyone has facebook though, I'd say the contact sync will be based upon address book rather than a social networking site, although it would be logical to go with the site choice, not every mac user has a facebook account, making that feature incredibly limited...

10. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I agree with iMovie needing to get back a few things it lost. I think it took a step backwards in '08. It's actually harder to use and less intuitive.