iLife 09 Drop In Kit ok to sell?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ---, Feb 19, 2009.

1. --- macrumors member

Just bought a refurb and it came with the iLife 09 Drop in DVD. I don't really use iLife so I want to sell it so that I have more money towards Snow Leopard when it comes (which will have iLife 09 on it anyways). Am I 'allowed' to sell it and will it work with another computer, or am I restricted to using it with my computer?

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

When you buy a boxed copy of the operating system such as Snow Leopard it does *not* come with iLife, unless you buy the new "bundle" package, provided they offer that deal with 10.6....oh yeah!

3. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

What makes you think iLife will be included with Snow Leopard? Did I miss something?

4. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Mine had a sticker on it that said "not for resale". 'nuff said ;)

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Right! Retail copies of OSx (Leopard/Tiger) etc only have the OS; iLife is a separate product at the retail level. Apple is certainly not likely to start packaging iLife with OSx at the retail level at the OSx alone price level.

If you buy a new system, the restore disks include the OS plus iLife.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Oh Yeah? Worked so well for the music industry!

http://www.eff.org/cases/umg-v-augusto

B

7. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I don't know if Apple is planning to bundle iLife/iWork with Snow Leopard but they're already doing the bundle with Leopard. A few weeks ago, it was announced (and made available) on Apple's site that you could purchase what they call the "Mac Box Set." You get iLife, iWork and Leopard all for $169. Perhaps this is what the OP meant.