iLife 09, iPhoto 09 issue with Slideshow Not Opening, Loading, etc.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by noodlz1472, Sep 15, 2009.

1. noodlz1472 macrumors member

Hi,

I'm having an issue with one of my four picture folders in iPhoto 09. I've read some posts, have repaired permissions, opened iPhoto by supressing command and option and repaired iPhoto, but it still doesnt work. I know I may have to re-install it, but the slideshows work with the other three folders, and all 6 themes work, just not for my most recent folder.

As long as I save my iPhoto library, all of my slideshows, books, edits, etc. will remain, correct?

Are there any other fixes you can think of to help with the one folder that's not allowing a slideshow to load...

Thanks so much...

2. noodlz1472 thread starter macrumors member

Interestingly enough, I was able to get around this by creating a keepsake and then slideshow. Everything worked fine by going that route, but then when I tried going back and creating the slideshow as I normally do (simply by clicking the play slideshow button) it still didnt work...

Thoughts? Thanks again for your help!!!

3. noodlz1472 thread starter macrumors member

Another update...it seems to only be the one folder I had referenced that has the problem. If I add new pictures to a new album, the slideshow feature works...Now, the issue is when I export the slideshow on my newly created keepsake, the music doesn't play in Quick Time...

Thanks again all...

4. noodlz1472 thread starter macrumors member

Solution - I tried duplicating the album, but had the same issue...i created a new album and moved the pics from the library to the new album and the slideshow was fine. I don't know if that is an actual fix, but it worked and I'm happy...

Consider this issue resolved unless I post again on this page...

Thanks for reading...:D