ilife '09 on macbook pros yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by otis123, Feb 1, 2009.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

May 4, 2006
    so im getting a new pro in two weeks to replace the clunker G4 im on now, im getting it at best buy because of the financing they have there over the apple store. i doubt their systems will have ilife '09 so do i get a upgrade disc from apple? i dont know how there upgrades work because ive only bought one mac and that was 3.5 years ago.
  2. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2007
    Abilene TX
    I doubt it would be included in a box at a retail store. I don't think they've had enough time for those to clear from inventory and new ones brought in.

But, I wonder if you ordered a build to order from Apple if iLife 09 would be included on the Leopard dvd.
  3. alphaod macrumors Core

Feb 9, 2008
  4. ahypnoz macrumors newbie

Jan 1, 2009
    iLife 09 on new mac book pro

I have iLife 09 on my mac book pro

It works great

If you’ve purchased a qualifying computer on or after January 6, 2009, that does not include iLife ’09, you can upgrade to iLife ’09 for US$9.95 plus tax.*
  5. zentient macrumors newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    iLife pre-installed by online Apple store

I believe Apple will be pre-installing iLife on kit ordered directly through the Apple online store. If it's not pre-installed, you can order it through the "Up-to-date" upgrade program for roughly the cost of postage.
  6. infernohellion macrumors 6502

May 14, 2006
    It's been released already so even if the computer u ordered doesn't have iLife 09 preinstalled, you should be able to find the iLife 09 Up-to-date Disc inside your MacBook box. (That's what happened to me with Leopard last year)
  7. og1 macrumors regular

Oct 6, 2008
    i bought a new pro from last week. it came with a iLife 09 dvd in the box. YMMV, you can also do the $10 upgrade from if you dont get it.
  8. oneEG6 macrumors member

Dec 29, 2008
    True, it will have the disc in the box, you'll just have to install it yourself.
  9. iaymnu macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2007
    I also got the iLife 09 dvd in the box. My MBP was purchased 4 days ago. Wasn't pre-installed but they do include it.