ilife '09 on macbook pros yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by otis123, Feb 1, 2009.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

so im getting a new pro in two weeks to replace the clunker G4 im on now, im getting it at best buy because of the financing they have there over the apple store. i doubt their systems will have ilife '09 so do i get a upgrade disc from apple? i dont know how there upgrades work because ive only bought one mac and that was 3.5 years ago.

2. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

I doubt it would be included in a box at a retail store. I don't think they've had enough time for those to clear from inventory and new ones brought in.

But, I wonder if you ordered a build to order from Apple if iLife 09 would be included on the Leopard dvd.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. ahypnoz macrumors newbie

iLife 09 on new mac book pro

I have iLife 09 on my mac book pro

It works great

If you’ve purchased a qualifying computer on or after January 6, 2009, that does not include iLife ’09, you can upgrade to iLife ’09 for US$9.95 plus tax.*

http://www.apple.com/ilife/uptodate/

5. zentient macrumors newbie

iLife pre-installed by online Apple store

I believe Apple will be pre-installing iLife on kit ordered directly through the Apple online store. If it's not pre-installed, you can order it through the "Up-to-date" upgrade program for roughly the cost of postage.

6. infernohellion macrumors 6502

It's been released already so even if the computer u ordered doesn't have iLife 09 preinstalled, you should be able to find the iLife 09 Up-to-date Disc inside your MacBook box. (That's what happened to me with Leopard last year)

7. og1 macrumors regular

i bought a new pro from apple.com last week. it came with a iLife 09 dvd in the box. YMMV, you can also do the $10 upgrade from apple.com if you dont get it.

8. oneEG6 macrumors member

True, it will have the disc in the box, you'll just have to install it yourself.

9. iaymnu macrumors 6502

I also got the iLife 09 dvd in the box. My MBP was purchased 4 days ago. Wasn't pre-installed but they do include it.