iLife '09 Up-To-Date Upgrade Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ayeplussjr, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ayeplussjr macrumors regular

I purchased my iMac on 01/07/09 and tried to go to the iLife Up-To-Date page to place my order for iLife, but the page would not accept my purchase date for my iMac.

So, I faxed in my order and tried to go to the iLife inquiry page to view the status of my order, but my record of my order cannot be found.

I've called customer service, and customer service directed me to the store, then the store directed me back to customer service.

I've messed around with the iLife Up-To-Date page and it looks like it will allow me to place my order online just as long as I put a date of 01/12/09 or later. Should I just place my order again online with a date of 01/12/09?

Suggestions?

2. pkagel macrumors regular

I just did this a few minutes ago and ended up putting in a date a few days after my purchase and it worked.

edit: It's worth a try. I bought mine on the 10th and ended up putting in the 12th also and worked just fine.

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

If it still doesn't work, simply go to this page and click the link near the bottom of the page to "Download the order form". Fill that in, send it off with a copy of your proof of Mac purchase on January 6th or after and your order will be manually processed.

4. ayeplussjr thread starter macrumors regular

As you can see by my original post I did manually fax it in, but I am yet to see my status of my faxed order. On that form, is a customer service number that I did not see to begin with, so I'll be giving them a call in the AM. If they still can't find the order I'll be placing it online with a date of 01/12/2009 just so it goes through.

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Whoops- my bad. Sorry. :eek:

6. ayeplussjr thread starter macrumors regular

I gave em a call this morning and they found my order, but said all faxed orders have not been submitted online yet, but at least they received my order. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long for my iLife