iLife 09 with new Macs right now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tjpeople, Jan 6, 2009.

1. tjpeople macrumors newbie

If you look in the store. You can order iWork09 (on its own) for delivery in 24hrs, however iLife09 says "January". So iLife is delayed a little right?

But they advertise on the site that "All new macs come with iLife09" so even thought you can't get the boxed version right now I can order a Mac right now and get it?

Thanks for reading. I've been waiting to get the 15 MBP but couldn't before Macworld, and now I don't want to miss out on getting iLife09 and having to pay later.

2. KeegoSupremo macrumors member

Nope

It wont be installed on a mac if you buy it today but... this is off of apples website

iLife Up-to-Date program.

iLife '09, a significant upgrade to Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, features major new versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand and includes iWeb and iDVD.

If you buy a qualifying Mac between January 6, 2009, and March 28, 2009, and it does not include iLife '09, you're eligible to receive iLife '09 for just $9.95 plus tax.

3. tjpeople thread starter macrumors newbie

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/campaigns/popup/ilife?mco=MzA3MDgyOA

Thanks for the response. That sucks a bit. People are going to buy it having read the site.
    I have to decide if I can wait. I think the answer is no.

4. JasO macrumors regular

If you don't want to pay that $10, you could wait a week or two and you would have a very high chance that you would be getting iLife 09 then... I'm guessing most would be shipping now with iLife 09.

5. KeegoSupremo macrumors member

6. tjpeople thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, yeah, http://www.apple.com/ilife/uptodate/

If I wait till after the 12th then yes. But I'm done with waiting.

7. JasO macrumors regular

8. tjpeople thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea thanks, worth a try :)

9. ayeplussjr macrumors regular

I might be wishful thinking, but the title of the page says "iLife '09 Hardware up to date program." Does this mean the hardware, NVIDIA chipsets, etc., might be a possibility when iLife comes installed with the new iMac's?

Shouldn't they have used the word Software instead? Not unless Apple has something up their sleeves