ILife 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stockcerts, Jan 12, 2009.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I don't think I heard anything about new updates or additional features in IWeb. Has anyone heard if that app is being updated as well?

Another question. What is the release date? I heard the end of January, but on Amazon is shows the release date of Feb 20th.

2. pdjudd macrumors 601

Amazons date are no more accurate than ours since they have to receive stock from Apple, they tend to overshoot since they don't have a precise date - none exists. All we can go on is late January. Anything more of a lockdown is just speculation

As far as iWeb updates, there are some improvements, but they were not worth revealing at the keynote. This is what we got, nothing major.

3. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

iWeb has been update in one sense. It has its own internal FTP feature which means that you can now upload your site to your own domain without having to save iWeb and then go to a third party piece of software. Long overdue if you aske me.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

iWeb also apparently has finally fixed the fact that if you only change certain pages then only the changed pages are uploaded rather than the whole site. It also mentions improvements in dealing with multiple sites, so hopefully that means that multiple sites will not be all lumped together in one domain.sites file any longer (though that is not a big deal if you use the free utility iWebSites in the current version).

As far as the release date, my preorder (directly from Apple) now states that it will ship Feb. 2 and will be delivered on Feb. 3, where it originally just said it would ship in "January".

5. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

What I'd love to be able to do on it is password protect individual pages.