iLife '10 ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by uaecasher, Apr 9, 2009.

1. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

hello,

I was wondering how frequent does apple update their iLife suite ? is it every year? like '08 '09 or and is there is any info about the time for the next update?

2. Razeus macrumors 603

once a year or so. frankly, i think we are at the point where there's not much else you can do with it. this goes for any software and current hardware. i think software companies really need to focus on efficiency and speed. With Windows 7 and Snow Leopard, I think I may be right on this focus. It's just a matter of how much they can charge for it.

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

1 year or more. It's averaged more like 18 months. Since they just released '09, you're not likely to see any info about '10 (or '11) until late this year at the earliest, if not after that.

4. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I think the lessons offered in garageband were a step in the right direction and the face and places feature in iphoto definitely a good move. What else could they bring to it? Well this version saw iphoto move closer to Aperture in terms of the editing features and while i dont use imovie myself i believe this version brought back some tools which were taken out of it last time round.

5. uaecasher thread starter macrumors 65816

uaecasher

i will be updating at July do you recommend me to wait (maybe snow leopard will come with copy of new iLife?)or update ?

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

It usually is once a year. However if it gets delayed long enough, Apple will just wait for another year and release it with that years tag. Really stupid if you ask me.

7. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

They just released 09 so it's going to be a long wait for the next one. Early next year....

8. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

iLife is usually sold seperately from OS X. Apart from the new iLife+iWork+Leopard Bundle, it has always been sold seperately.
    The only way (as of now) to get the newest version of iLife WITH the newest version of OS X, was/is to buy a new mac.

When I first bought my mac in 2006, it had iLife 2006 on it. I believe 2007 was skipped, and the new iLife wasn't released until 2008, and now again for 2009.

9. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

They could make it so Faces actually works . . . but yeah I agree. The whole package seems pretty hunky dory just now, although I don't think iDVD's been touched in a while.

10. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

It might be worth waiting for snow leopard at that point, but not for the next iLife (6+ months more).