iLife '11 Family Pack?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MasterHowl, Oct 23, 2010.

1. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

Hello there!
    I'd love to upgrade to iLife '11, as would two of my friends at college. The only problem is, we can't afford to pay £45 for it, since we're students with hardly any money!
    If we split the cost of iLife '11 Family Pack (see link: http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC625Z/A ), would we be able to install it on all three of our machines? We don't live in the same place, so I'm not sure if it would work?
    Thank you!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. MasterHowl thread starter macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

We don't live in the same household, that's what I'm trying to say... will it work?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Well, Apple doesn't know do you live in the same household or not so yes, it should work. However, it's against the terms and conditions that you must agree before installing like spinnerlys pointed out.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Technically it will work, but it will be against the EULA I linked to (the EULA of iLife '11 isn't up yet, but it is safe to assume it will state the same).
    If you violate the EULA anyway, there is no need to buy the Family Pack though, the normal version will work as well.

6. MasterHowl thread starter macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

So if we buy the single user pack, we could install it on all three machines too?