iLife 11 install disc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jshelton, Dec 14, 2010.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I purchased an iMac last week, but it came with iLife 09 and no disc. I told Apple and they sent me one (thanks Apple). I restored the iMac from a Time Machine backup of my MBP, which means the iMac currently has iPhoto 09 and a ton of pictures. I have the system backed up with Time Machine, but I had some issues with deleting backups. Sooo, let's pretend that I don't have anything backed up.

Do I just stick the iLife 11 disc in and let it do it's thing? I am worried about losing all of the photos. I have read that the install disc deletes the iPhoto library. Any suggestions?

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Stick it in. Run the installer. (You may have to restart.) Run software update. Enjoy iLife '11.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Also be sure to run Software Update BEFORE opening iPhoto for the first time. Some users experienced data loss from the upgrade and the patch is supposed to correct that.

4. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

I heard about this too and my paranoia got the best of me and even before popping in the upgrade disc, I duplicated my iPhoto library and moved it to my desktop contained in a zip file.

Thankfully, it all went fine running software update after the install and then opening the new iApps.