iLife '11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Badrottie, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Should I buy it now or wait for new iLife '12? I haven't heard anything new for 2012 or 2013 so I thin I am going to buy it....No? :apple:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think we'll see an iLife 12. iLife 11 was unveiled in October of 2010, so if they do the same thing, we may see iLife 13 released this fall. Of course there was no iLife 10, they skipped a year and this may also be the case.

3. nuladog macrumors newbie

Now that apps are downloadable from the Mac App Store individually, I think the days of a bundled iLife package are over.

4. vladobizik macrumors 6502

Nobody knows if Apple will release a major new version of their apps (iLife or iWork) as new apps on the App Store - requiring everyone to purchase them again or they will just continually improve upon the exiting apps (with a major but free update now and then). I suspect the latter but nobody's sure.

I think if you buy all three iLife apps on the App Store right now, you'll be good - just do it, they're great the way they are now for their purpose.

5. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

Thank you very much for all replies I really am appreciated I will go and buy it next week. :apple: