iLife 2008 upgrade??? Free

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mroderic, Aug 26, 2007.

1. mroderic macrumors newbie

So I was at the apple store today and I thought since I got my comp (macbook) august 4th that there is a discount on the applecare, I belive the lady had mentioned when I bought it that this was the case. Counter to this the genteleman told me I had to pay the full price I don't know how much it was in the mid 200's. So I wanted confirmation that this was accurate information and secondly he told me that since I got my macbook august 4th a week before the ilife 08 upgrade that I could go to apple.com and get them to send it to me for free. Is that true? If it is I have been unable to find such a place on apple's website were should I look.

Thank you for your time I appreciate it

-Marc-

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There's no discount on AppleCare that I'm aware of...same price it's always been: $249 for the MacBook coverage for regular users.

As for iLife, only those who purchase on or after August 7th (the date of iLife '08 release) qualify for the Up-to-Date program that gives them a discounted way to get the current version. You can try contacting Apple to beg and plead, but there are no guarantees.