iLife 2010?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cawesjmu, Mar 18, 2010.

1. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

Have there been any rumors for iLife getting an update? I passed on iLife (09) when it came out Jan 09. I was thinking I'd wait for this years version but I have a project with a lot of shaky camera movements and would like to use the "stabilize" feature. Since we didn't get an update this Jan. anybody think they'll just wait til next year or maybe they are getting ready to release a new version?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

iLife/iWork has likely been on an ~18 month schedule since '07, so a late summer release looks realistic.

However, Apple may release a new version in Jan 11.

3. GeraldButton macrumors member

Since Apple are so damn quiet and secretive we will never know when an update will come to the much loved and enjoyed by all iLife suite. Personally, I think we will either A) See a release late this summer season, or B) if no release comes this summer we will probably get an update come early early next year.

I really hope some impovements and new features find there way into iMovie. Thats the application I use and enjoy the most. iPhoto is great too but what more could they add to that besides layer based editing and more photo effects? (Im sure there could be a lot more but im thinking quick on my feet here) ha ha ha. Some more new features in iWeb would be appreciated as well.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm guessing since we've heard not heard a peep out of Apple, and its now it the middle of march, we'll not see a iLife 2010, but possibly a iLife 2011 that will be available late 2010

5. cawesjmu thread starter macrumors 6502

Gotcha. I see that now on Wikipedia. So, hopefully August. Thanks.

6. sravana macrumors regular

Here's another question: if I was to upgrade to '09 today, would the upgrade to '10 (or '11) be at a discount? IOW - what is Apple's usual standard op for that kind of situation. I'm using iPhoto more and more, and '09 sounds really good to me.

7. LucidPsychosis macrumors regular

It'd be cool if they put iLife 10 (if it will even exist at all) preinstalled on the 2010 Macs. I'm looking to buy a MBP in the coming months, and having outdated software, even if it works just fine, annoys me.

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Apple towards the end of last year removed the "'09" branding from both iWork and iLife suites.

They've most likely done this to remove the pressure of date-related releases.

I don't think we'll see another year-named version of iLife or iWork again. Apple will release when they've got something ready.

9. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

So conclusion is no new iLife in the short term (2-3 months??).

I'm buying a new iMac via education discount thru my wife (she's college student), so if new version was being released thru June-2010 I'd wait to buy the iMac to get the new iLife for free.

Looks like not a good reason to wait.