iLife 64 bit, iWork 64 bit

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by icecone, Oct 24, 2007.

1. icecone macrumors regular

With leopard, 64bit applications are supported. Will apple release 64bit version of their software?:confused:
    Are the software bundled 64bit?
    thanks in advanced

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well most apps wont see a benefit of being 64bit so afaik, no iLife and iWork won't be and probably have no reason to have a 64 bit version.

3. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

No. iLife 08 and iWork 08 are currently 32-bit software applications. They are sold seperately from 10.5 Leopard, and don't come bundled with the operating system.

The iLife 08 that ships with Macs pre-installed with 10.5 Leopard will also be 32-bit.

I highly doubt we will see a 64-bit version of either iLife or iWork anytime soon. As not even Leopard's bundled applications (Finder, Photo Booth, Front Row, etc) are 64-bit applications.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Why would you even want to have a 64bit version of iWork anyway? iLife I can imagine possibly being made 64bit at some point but iWork just seems pointless.

5. kildjean macrumors regular

kildjean

I'll tell you why

In our enterprise deployment, one of our departments handle a 150K line excel spreadsheet. If iWork's Numbers were 64bit, it would be able to handle that without sweating.