iLife and iWork '08 on 10.7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacbookAlum1536, Jul 20, 2011.

1. MacbookAlum1536 macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

Hey
    I'm running the most recent software versions for iLife and iWork 08 and I'm wondering if excluding the features exclusive to lion that my apps work? I've heard that these versions of the software run on Rosetta and can not be run on lion but I don't know honestly.
    Thank you for your help

P.S: Honestly I'm a high school student without a job and can only only afford really to upgrade to lion and not the rest of the software so if they don't work I can't upgrade as a result of school assignments.

2. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

I'm interested on this too

I have been looking too for the answer to this, both on the apple website and on MacRumors forums, without any seemingly useful answer (the nearest to an actual useful response have been a couple of comments in Apple support forums from what seems like uptight narrow-minded persons just mindlessly repeating away what they hear without even paying attention to the exact question asked)

I want to know the answer to this too.

Please, would someone with first-hand experience tell us if iWork 08 (keynote 4, Pages 3, numbers 1) works (at all) in Lion (OS X.7)?

Thanks, any help greatly appreciated.

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I opened Pages '08, iMovie '08 & iWeb in Lion on two different Macs with no problems.

4. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

working fine for me with the older versions (Pages 06 even works)

5. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Thank you...

Thank you very much guys! (And Peggy, thanks for taking the time to answer both). I can upgrade now with ease of mind.