iLife and Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JackArc, Oct 23, 2007.

1. JackArc macrumors regular

JackArc

If I do a clean install will my old iLife still be there? Is the new iLife included with Leopard?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

iLife is not part of Leopard. You will have to re-install from your old disks.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

iLife will remain after a clean install. The iLife programs reside in the Applications folder which is independent of any User or System folders.

iLife is not included with Leopard (not really sure why people keep asking that).

4. DoreanGrae macrumors regular

Hold on a sec, doesn't a clean install wipe the entire drive clean? I didn't think it differentiated between applications and user/system folders and just deleted everything.

5. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Yes it does
    THe other guy may have been referring to an archieve and install

6. DoreanGrae macrumors regular

Ah okay, good. I got thoroughly confused for a few minutes there.

7. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

1: ilife will NOT remain after a CLEAN INSTALL. it will remain after an archive and install or upgrade, but not a clean install. to install it, just install it from your computer's original OS disks. just choose 'install extras' or whatever the options are and you'll get ilife on leopard. it will not be ilife 08 unless that's what came with your mac (or bought it retail).

2: people keep asking because ilife comes with their computers on their OS install disks. what else do you expect them to believe?

8. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I stand corrected. Clean install used to mean a brand new System Folder was created, guess some of my vocabulary remains embedded in the Mac OS Classic days.

I expect people to know that Leopard and iLife are separate entities (OS vs. Software Suite). What do you expect them to believe?

9. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

like i said, i expect people to assume that ilife comes with the OS, considering it comes on the exact same disks that their original OS disks that came with their machine ;)