iLife at WWDC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by anti-microsoft, May 3, 2010.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Hi,

I was just wondering if Apple is going to introduce a new version of iLife at WWDC this year. I think it's about time. I also think it's highly unlikely because of their over-focused iPhone theme...

What do you think?

Ams.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I doubt it, but you never know. WWDC is generally reserved for iPhone related goodness. Perhaps at a later release this date this summer, or in January next year (total guesses).

3. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Many people would appreciate some form of non-mobile update, just to be reassured that Apple hasn't forgotten that segment of the market.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think the odds are highly remote that we'll see any sort of iLife update. Not because WWDC is going to have an iPhone focus (it is) but rather WWDC isn't the typical forum for apple to announce its application updates.

To be honest, I think they have moved non iphone segments to the back burner. For apple, everything is about the iPhone/iPad right now and that's too bad. People don't just buy iPhones, but macs as well, but they seem to have forgotten that.

5. aiqw9182 macrumors 65816

If it's not at WWDC I hope it's at least this year. They need to make every iLife app 64-bit with OpenCL and GCD support. I wouldn't care if there weren't any new features as long as they added the aforementioned support.

6. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I wouldn't hold your breath for Mac news at WWDC.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I wouldn't hold your breath - I'm not expecting to see any update to iLife/iWork in 2010.

8. aiqw9182 macrumors 65816

You know about as much of an update as a tapeworm or anyone else on this forum. You have nothing to base this on.

9. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah... It is a shame about the Mac. I think they need to be taken to a whole new level. Ever heard of a refresh Apple? Do it before the Mac dies :p!

Ams.

10. blinkin182 macrumors regular

blinkin182

I agree. They should be showing off the advantages of their technologies with their own software... however, it doesn't seem to be a priority these days with all the iPad/iPhone stuff going on.

A bit more focus on Mac OS, Mac Apps and Mac Hardware would be quite refreshing!

11. MartiNZ macrumors 65816

MartiNZ

Indeed. Basically, they certainly should be making a mention of such updates so we know they still care, but they almost certainly will not; perhaps if they decide to chase the Google TV stuff with Apple TV, the Mac can replace it as the hobby.

12. Keleko macrumors 68000

They could announce iLife/iWork at WWDC. They talked about Snow Leopard at the last two WWDC events, so Mac software is certainly not out of place there.

13. nastebu macrumors 6502

iPhone/iPad focus is completely natural

There's a major update to the OS, and a major new platform that they're trying to push. OS X is mid-cycle. Of course they're focused on the iPhone. The sell out proved also that developers are receptive to that focus.

That's not evidence that the Mac is being neglected anymore than the sudden burst of soccer news on TV right now is evidence that the sport of golf is dying out. Chill out internet!

14. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

Well, it's about time that they did. It'll be half-way through the 2010 year and they have yet to release iLife '10. So I hope so.

15. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

Lol! "a tapeworm"... I love the randomness on these forums!