iLife complicated problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HamzaAlsadr, Aug 30, 2012.

1. HamzaAlsadr macrumors newbie

Hello,

The problem i have is a little bit complicated so i'll break it down to points and please stay with me on track

- i had an account signed up on the US App Store (hamza.alsadr@live.com)

- this is the email that i used for the AppleID when logging in the first day I recieved my macbook pro running lion

- after 5-6 months when Mountain lion was released, i tried buying it with the above email, but I live in UAE, so it said that the store region doesn't allow me to enter my credit card details.

- as a solution i went to my apple account with the hamza.alsadr@live.com email and CHANGED the email address to another one (lets say blabla@bla.com, because i dont remember what i changed it to)

- reason why i did tht is so i can make a new AppleID with the email hamza.alsadr@live.com, therefore changing the earlier AppleID to blabla@bla.com made it possible for me to make a new account with hamza.alsadr@live.com (to neglect any "This email is already in use.")

- i bought mountain lion, installed it everything is fine, been about a month

- just yesterday i went on recovery mode, deleted my entire harddirve to install a new fresh mountain lion for myself (just wanted to clean up)

- when i went to App Store the applications of iLife was in purchases (first picture)

- after i click accept and put in my information, i get an error (second picture)

I tried everything, changing stores, reinstalling again. I even tried calling apple support and they're as confused so they'll call me back after the weekend.

Until then can someone PLEASEEE HELP ME!

Please! i need my programs, this laptop is rightfully mine and i've had it since point 0 fresh of the box and i even opened the plastic layer on top of it!

:(

2. HamzaAlsadr thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry here are the pictures

Attached Files:

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You need to login to the App Store under the old AppleID to get the iLife apps.

4. HamzaAlsadr thread starter macrumors newbie

I would have done that if i knew what i changed the email address to. any other ideas?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nope. That is where your free iLife copy resides. Call Apple and they can tell you what that AppleID is.

6. HamzaAlsadr thread starter macrumors newbie

they were confused and now they're closed.