ILife for MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by abz1981, Feb 13, 2012.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hi

This may be a silly question to ask. However I am not sure if I should have had ILife on my MBA pre installed or not.

I bought my 2011 MBA 13inch last year. I do remember buying iPhoto, but not sure about the rest of the ILife applications. I mean I did have Lion OS reinstalled lately by the genis bar. However not sure if iLife has gone missing, or if it never came with my MBA.

Can anyone help clear this up for me?

thanks in advance

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

All Macs come from Apple with iLife installed.

IIRC, since the 2011 Airs don't come with any restore media, there's a way to reinstall the version of iLife that came with your Air via the App Store.

I'd try looking in the App Store and see if it lets you download the apps for free.

3. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

I too had no iLife installed on my new MBA, but when I looked in the App Store, the component parts of iLife were available for download.

Just click on Accept.

4. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

hey all

Thanks for your replies. I tried to go to mac app store. However it is asking me to pay for iPhoto :(.

Do you think Apple will let me down load this free, if I take it to a Genius bar. As I do not have the 90 day phone support anymore.

5. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

Mine was an open box and the same when restored. I had to buy it on App store and BestBuy refunded me the purchase

6. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

I'd check with the genius bar. I just plain had access to iLife through the appstore on my MBA without any issues. It's legally yours so seems odd that it's not showing up.

7. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

hey all
    I managed to fix this problem. I managed to find my old Apple ID i used to use, and have reset the password signed in with it, and I had the apps available to download such as Ilife apps etc. So its all sorted now. :)