iLife has disappeared - HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wasimyaqoob, Dec 28, 2007.

1. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

Just formatted my hard drive and installed Leopard which came with my brand new MacBook Pro which I purchased 5 days ago, but iLife is NOT on it.

Why is this?

I've checked all my discs and none of them have iLife on.

So what do you guys suggest or will I just need to buy a copy of iLife 08 from Apple Store?

Thanks!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Was Leopard a drop-in disc?

Otherwise there should be an installer on the first DVD for bundled software. (e.g. iLife)

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If your machine came with iLife 08, then it will be on the DVDs that came with your machine.

Leopard contains nothing but Leopard, you need to go back to your restore DVDs to put the bundled apps back on.

4. wasimyaqoob thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have my Mac OS X (DISC 1) and it does say Bundled Apps but I only thought that had Safari, iChat and iTunes etc... and not iLife.

I'll give that a try guys and let you know what happens.

Yeah it was a Leopard DROP IN DISC!

Thanks for the quick responses.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Yeah, the Leopard Drop-in disc is only going to have Leopard on it. You're going to find iLife on the Tiger discs. :(

Good luck!

6. wasimyaqoob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Successfully installed iLife

Thanks alot for your help guys

appreciate it!

7. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

when you installed the iLife suite, did it upgrade them to 08? or did they remain the 06 version. Im in the same predicament and want the newer iLife. I know when I did the upgrade from tiger to leopard the first time, it upgraded my iLife apps, but I had a HDD crash and need to install from scratch. Im just wondering if I'll have to install Tiger first, iLife, and THEN upgrade to Leopard?

I LOVE apple but man... Im kinda bummed. I thought one of the big perks of running OSX was ALL the INCLUDED software? I know it comes with it when you buy a new machine, just thought it was part of the OS and the standalone packages for iLife were upgrades if you didnt need the OS upgrade.

Oh well.. I still love Apple way more than MS, just a bit of a downer.

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It should have been iLife '08 to begin with if they got a drop-in disc.

9. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

well, I installed Tiger with iLife, then upgraded to Leopard and for some reason, it left it as the old version of iLife. iPhoto 6, iMovie HD, etc etc...

When I upgraded my mac mini to Leopard, it upgraded iLife also. Im confused...lol.

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The Leopard installer disc doesn't do anything for iLife.

11. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

I didnt think it did, but thats why Im so confused. I dont know where I ever got iLife 08 from, but I have it.

Anyways... I do have an update. I got iLife 08 on my MB by just copying the individual apps over from the application folder on the mini. Booya! :D

The really nice thing is, now I have both versions of iMovie! Saaaweeeeet! :cool: