Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I can't seem to install iLife 11! I have the DVD, and I'm all up to date, but it keeps coming up with errors. I think I'm going to have to do a manual install (Go inside the packages and move the files myself) However, there's no "Show package contents" option. Any help?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I can't seem to install iLife 11! I have the DVD, and I'm all up to date, but it keeps coming up with errors.
What kind of errors? When troubleshooting, it's helpful to quote the exact text of any error messages. Also what model Mac are you installing on, and what version of Mac OS X are you running? What's in your signature, or something else?

How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
It's my MacBook in the signature, running OS X 10.6.8. I found out that I had to do some extracting and some tedious installing of every package on the disk I can install all of iLife 11 and its components. Why didn't it work in the first place, though???

*Update- iPhoto and iMovie installers don't work. I had to go back to the '08 versions :( After extracting them from the packages, they won't work or open.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.