iLife, iWork '08, $39 each!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JNB, Aug 22, 2007.

1. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Was in San Diego a couple weeks ago doing a little work at UC San Diego. The two Apple Stores in the area (Fashion Valley & UTC) were both out of stock, but the bookstore on campus had both in large quantities, and prices at $39 each for retail box copies--or $78 for both, a dollar less than either one retail (and the Apple .edu price is officially $71 each!).

Check your campus bookstore if you're interested, and many aren't too terribly picky about seeing student id's (cough, cough...)

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

ucsd has always charged $39 for iwork and ilife. it's really nice. :)

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

campus bookstores are notorious for discounted software

$15 Microsoft Office
    $5 XP
    $49 OSX

and others

4. spjonesi macrumors member

I got a $5 XP when I was at the University of Iowa, right before I graduated...$10 for office. Got OS x.4 (tiger) for $10 there as well...I'll be going back to school for another bachelors degree at Augustana College in Rock Island, IL, and I'm praying that they have a deal w/ apple too.
    Although I just got my dad to switch to a new MBP just like mine, and we are getting my mom a Mini or iMac tomorrow so we can get the fam deals now.

spjoneSi

5. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

Penn State's book store has the same $39.00 pricing on both iLife '08 and iWork '08. Being a college student has it's advantages every once in a while. :)

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

This is nice, NYU has both for $38 as well. Too bad I don't need them.

7. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

8. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

Wow I am so envious.
    Wished I went to college in the States.
    Over here in Europe you pretty much get ripped off since the Euro is so strong:(
    I had to pay up 140 euros for my MS office (and that was already student pricing) that's around 190 bucks....

byakuya

9. marcel-v macrumors regular

Are there any places in Australia to get such prices? I'm a college student, can I get a discount from the apple store?

10. LastLine macrumors 65816

Y'know I'd actually pay that price for both of them, gotta get me to the US :p

11. iamspartacus macrumors newbie

sigh, the campus bookstore at UT of Austin doesn't give much when it comes to discounts (besides XP and Office), especially on Apple software. :(