iLife / iWork 09 Bundle?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michael73, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

I was in the Apple store yesterday here in Indiana and was told that at the end of the month there would be an iLife / iWork bundle minus Leopard for $129. I hadn't heard anything about this. Is this just an uniformed sales person or an unannounced bundle? If so, it would be a nice savings for those who want both but already have Leopard.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The possibility of this seems real (and a good idea because the discount is about $30) but it is not on the Apple store site so I am unsure. Have you tried calling Apple or another retail store to see? Most sales people are uninformed until the items are sitting on their shelves. Even then ... well never mind. :)

3. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yes it would.

The discount seems reasonable.

5. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

I called Apple and they don't know anything about this bundle but acknowledge it's a possibility. As they pointed out, with employee purchase programs these bundles are already priced right around $65 a piece (a ~18% discount). Although, if there was such a iWork / iLife bundle at $129 I wonder if the same EPP discount could be applied? If so the price would be ~$106 which would be sweet!

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

FWIW, according to Amazon, the "box set" won't ship until Feb. 20 even though Apple says it will be released by the end of January.