iLife Leopard Question?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ILOVEMYMBP2.2g, Oct 22, 2007.

1. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

I was wondering, when i buy leopard on friday, when i install it, im going to do a clean install, and since it doesnt include iLife, how do i get iLife, i dont want to buy it because it was already on my mbp that i bought in july. How do i get my iLife that was pre-installed, i want to do the clean install so it will be erased, please help me.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

There are several recent threads on here that cover this question - a search would have turned 'em up. However, you'll find the iLife installers on the disks that came with your computer. One disk is OS, the other has the 'optional' software installs including ilife

One question, though - why the clean install? Unless you're re-partitioning your HD for Bootcamp use, it's pointless. (Unlike on Windows systems, which need a clean install periodically to clean out the registry). An archive & install will give you a similarly clean system, but you won't need to re-install all of your apps.

3. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g thread starter macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

thank you very much, i just wanted to clean out my system and start clean, thats the only reason why i was doing the clean install