iLife not included?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by niter, Oct 26, 2007.

1. niter macrumors 6502

Am I missing something? Is iLife no longer part of the new OS? WTF? Did I just spend $100+ for an upgraded Mail?

2. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

iLife '08 is not included nor are any prior versions. You would have needed to do archive and install, or upgrade to retain the version already installed on your mac.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

iLife has never been a part of the OS. you will have to buy iLife 08 separately.

4. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Sigh...this has been covered OVER and OVER.

iLife has never been a part of the OS. It comes on new Macs, yes, but it is not part of the OS any more than Microsoft Word is part of Windows Vista. They're two separate products that you get included when you buy a Mac. This has always been true, and if you feel that all you got with Leopard was Mail 3.0 then I pity you.

5. gothiquegirrl macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

I am assuming anyone who just bought a new mac and got the "drop in" will have iLife ' 08.. However, iLife is a totally different product and is sold as one.

The recent version of iLife always comes with a new mac purchase.... Not with an OS upgrade.

6. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for clearing that up. It has been awhile and I am out of the loop (school takes all my time these days).

I do know there is more to Leopard than just Mail. I am jsut feeling a bit snarky that I have a freaking beach ball floating about my screen right now and I am not on a really old computer.