Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmdeegan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
just to be clear, there is no bad intent here....

i had my original macbook drive die, taking everything with it. i replaced the drive today and figured what better time to install OS X Snow Leopard...but now, I want to reinstall iLife 08 which shipped with my 07 macbook (the one with the replaced drive)

so i went in to the install disc 1, using the "install bundled software" option, but the message came up saying the software couldn't be installed on this computer. is this because it thinks its a new computer? or because it wants to be installed on a 10.5 image? is there a work-around?

jmdeegan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
except i can't. i have 2 discs, this is for a late 07 macbook. per everything i've read, ilife is supposed to be on disc 2.

when i put disc one in, pacifist allows me to use the open apple installation disc button and i see all the parts i can select--none are iLife.
when i put disc two in, all i have are open package or url, and if i check the package out, it only lets me open up the xcode tools folder, which i don't believe contains the iLife software (or, if it does, it's cryptically named).

what am i missing?

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.